Welcome to the Kingfisher School of Swimming
[Updated 22nd November 2016 @ 10.35am]
COURSE DATES JANUARY 2017:
- Start Date: Saturday 7th - Wednesday 11th January
- Assessment Week: Saturday 4th - Wednesday 8th March
- Enrolment Week: Saturday 11th - Wednesday 15th March
- Enrolment Day: Thursday 16th March
- Course Finishes: Saturday 25th - Wednesday 29th March
- Course Begins: Saturday 22nd - Wednesday 26th April 2017
- Every pupil of the swimming school regardless of gender will be required to wear a swimming hat.
The hats will be colour coded: Black for the deep end swimmers, Blue for the shallow end.
No pupil will be able to swim without a hat (we will keep spares).
Hats are available from us to purchase at £3.30
- Fun Week - From Saturday 3rd December 2016 - More information on the Fun Week page
NEW - ADULT SWIMMING LESSONS FROM JANUARY
- If you have a fear of the water, can't get your face wet or panic just thinking about the deep end then it's easy to think swimming is not for you.
- Starting the 11th of January (Wednesday evenings), learn to swim or develop your technique in a private environment with a 6 week course at £65.
- ADULT SWIMMING LESSONS - poster download
- Updated information on the Costs and Payment Info pages.
- Updated information on the Contact Us pages.
- CLASSES FROM THE AGE OF 5 YRS
- BEGINNERS & STROKE DEVELOPMENT
- WATER KEPT AT 34 DEGREES
- FAMILY BUSINESS WITH FRIENDLY PERSONAL SERVICE
- INSTRUCTOR CONTINUITY
- PROGRESSIVE AWARD SCHEME
The Kingfisher School of Swimming is a small privately run swimming school. We consider it to be a professional, vibrant and fun place for pupils to learn an essential life skill. The aims within the school are to teach pupils to swim confidently, happily, with a degree of style and to encourage the pupils to take steps towards reaching his/her full potential as a swimmer.
The proprietor is Anne Sellars an ASA qualified instructor who has 30 years teaching experience. The team is a mixture of qualified new young talent and experienced mature professionals who have acquired a vast amount of experience in many aspects of aquatic provision especially swimming. Many of our teachers have a competitive swimming background and are parents. All teaching staff are fully qualified under either the ASA or STA and our assistants are all qualified to the relevant standard under the STA. All staff are qualified with either a Rescue Test for Teachers or a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and all are CRB checked. At every session there is a member of staff who has a First Aid qualification.
The Kingfisher School of Swimming follows the STA awards scheme, is a member of the IOS and is fully insured by Swim sure Insurance.