Welcome to the Kingfisher School of Swimming
[Updated 30th June 2014 @ 10.15am]
- Course Begins: Saturday 13th September 2014 - Wednesday 17th September 2014
- 14 Week Course £81.20
- Lesson Timetable - September 2014
- Course Begins: Saturday 26th April 2014 - Wednesday 30th April 2014
- Assessment Week: Saturday 28th June - Wednesday 2nd July
- Enrolment For Those Remaining At Same Level: Saturday 5th July - Wednesday 9th July
- Enrolment For Those Changing Level Or Day & Time Of Current Level: Wednesday 9th July : 8:30pm - 10:30pm
- Course Finishes: Saturday 19th July - Wednesday 23rd July
- CLASSES FROM THE AGE OF 5 YRS
- BEGINNERS & STROKE DEVELOPMENT
- WATER KEPT AT 34 DEGREES
- FAMILY BUSINESS WITH FRIENDLY PERSONAL SERVICE
- INSTRUCTOR CONTINUITY
- PROGRESSIVE AWARD SCHEME
The Kingfisher School of Swimming is a small privately run swimming school. We consider it to be a professional, vibrant and fun place for your child to learn an essential life skill. The aims within the school are to teach pupils to swim confidently, happily, with a degree of style and to encourage the pupils to take steps towards reaching his/her full potential as a swimmer.
The proprietor is Anne Sellars, an ASA qualified instructor who has over 20 years teaching experience. The team is a mixture of qualified new young talent and experienced mature professionals who have acquired a vast amount of experience in many aspects of aquatic provision especially swimming. Many of our teachers have a competitive swimming background and are parents. There are 3 other fully qualified teachers and 3 assistants all of whom have a Level 1 teaching qualification and have a swimming background. All staff are qualified with either a Rescue Test for Teachers or a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and all are CRB checked. At every session there is a member of staff who has a First Aid qualification.
The Kingfisher School of Swimming follows the STA awards scheme, is a member of the IOS and is fully insured by Ault Insurance.